Your Personal College Coach
I provide a unique and customized academic plan that will maximize your child’s high school experience and prepare them for college admissions success. Being in the right hands can make the process a gratifying experience for your family. Hundreds of students have enhanced their college application process by relying upon my knowledge and expertise. I provide one-on-one counseling during these critical years, ensuring your child’s journey to college is a rewarding one. My services are not limited to college selection. I work with your child for the duration of the college search, applications process, and final admission decisions.
The Guide Us College Counseling Approach Will Help You By:
- Connecting with your child and assessing their overall academic and personal profile with the purpose of promoting the personal growth and development that is essential for achieving their academic goals.
- Clarifying and understanding your child’s passions, learning preferences and intellectual interests for composing their educational road map.
- Developing a plan of coursework that will challenge and excite your child while familiarizing your family with resume building options
- Designing the college application process step by step thereby, creating a straightforward, manageable and reliable experience for your child and family.
- One-on-one individualized counseling to discuss test options, application submission strategies, extracurricular activities, summer enrichment programs and community service for best framing your child’s application.
- Recommending experienced tutors in all subjects to improve grades and increase knowledge critical for maximizing test results.
- Discussing college search criteria for creating a list uniquely suited to your child’s and family’s goals and preferences.
- Utilizing advanced college planning tools and resources for helping your child explore colleges, while keeping them on task and organized.
- Brainstorming, reviewing and editing essays with the aim of presenting your child in their best individual light.
- Providing up-to-date research regarding individual college admission trends, profiles and statistics.
- Distributing a monthly newsletter focusing on the latest college issues relevant to students and their families.
- Assisting in planning for college visits, choosing recommendation providers, preparing for interviews, understanding the financial aid process, and evaluating final admission decisions.
Students with Learning Differences
As a licensed, certified guidance counselor, I have extensive experience working with students who have learning differences. Along with the student and the family, I will develop a transition plan that will identify and facilitate post-high school goals.
Throughout my career as a High School Guidance Counselor, I have sat on committees with school staff and parents, understanding how IEPs and 504s work in the high school setting. I am able to take this knowledge and guide families as to how they will translate to college, so that your child will get continued support.
With the focus on college admissions, I will research schools, eligibility requirements, and each college’s disability access center services, and create a list of schools that fit your ideal criteria. I specialize in working with students who have ADHD-Anxiety Dyslexia and other learning differences.